1. What is LED?
LED: Light-emitting diode, light-emitting diode, is a semiconductor electronic component that can emit light. The LED in the display industry refers specifically to LEDs that emit visible bands.
Full-color LEDs are composed of three primary colors of red, green, and blue, and are mainly divided into free-standing (in-line lights) and three-in-one (surface-mount lights). 》
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of LED?
The advantages of LED:
1. Energy saving, more than 80% energy saving than incandescent lamps, and more than 50% energy saving than energy saving lamps;
2. Small size, light weight, not afraid of vibration;
3. High light efficiency;
4. Light color can be selected;
5. Good direction;
6. Environmental protection, no harmful substances such as tribute contained in energy-saving lamps;
7. The cold light source has no ultraviolet and infrared rays, no heat and radiation;
8. Long lifespan, lifespan can reach 50,000 to 100,000 hours, which is 10 to 50 times more than traditional lamp source;
9. Fast response speed, nanosecond level.
Disadvantages of LED:
1. The problem of heat dissipation. In the process of electroluminescence, another part of the ability is converted into heat. If it is not distributed in time, it will accelerate the aging of the chip and the packaging resin;
2. Poor waterproof performance is a fatal weakness for outdoor use;
3. The cost is higher, and the cost of the light source, radiator, power supply, high-transparency lampshade / lens, and reflective cover collectively push up the cost of LED;
4. The driver needs to provide constant current power supply, the driver life is an important factor affecting the life of the lamp.